Strategic Estates Partnerships (SEPs) are joint ventures between NHS Trusts and private sector organisations – such as Interserve Prime – offering the NHS a new way to unlock the potential of its estate.
These long term partnerships combine the skills and expertise of the public and private sector to increase the pace of transformation, aligning a Trust’s estates and facilities with its strategic aims. With the NHS facing greater pressures from increased demand and reduced access to capital funding, they are an effective way of improving the patient experience, optimising efficiency and realising commercial opportunities.
Why choose a strategic estates partner?
A good strategic estates partner will work as an extension of the Trust team, providing additional capacity and capability to deliver change at pace. Bringing property expertise and commercial knowhow, they also provide access to innovative funding solutions, allowing Trusts to access well-structured funding for new developments and estate improvements.
SEPs can help Trusts to:
- Access private funding without losing flexibility or control
- Drive efficiencies and generate savings through improved utilisation and facilities management
- Develop and deliver an estates masterplan to support wider strategic transformation
- Integrate local health and social care
- Explore new opportunities to generate income from their estate
- Reduce risk and cost through the development of fully considered solutions
- Access a range of flexible procurement and contracting options to suit each and every project